Chief Ron Fisette first started with the Wellfleet Police Department in 1986 as a Special Officer. He took on an additional duty as a Dispatcher in 1988, until being hired as a full-time officer in 1989. After 11 years as a Patrolman, Chief Fisette was promoted to Sergeant in July of 2000, a position he would hold until 2002 when he became Staff Sergeant. After only 6 months, he took on a new title as Lieutenant. In 2010, he took his current seat as Chief of the Wellfleet Police Department.
Chief Fisette proudly served as a member of the MA Air National Guard from September 1983 – August 1991. In 2005, he attended the 220th Session of the FBI National Academy. Chief Fisette holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Lowell, a Master’s Degree in Public Administration from Framingham State College, and a Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice from Western New England College.
- Chief of Police: overseeing all Officers, Dispatchers and Animal Control Officer
- Emergency Management Director
- Secretary / Treasurer of Cape and Island Police Chief Association
- Secretary / Treasurer of Cape Cod Regional Law Enforcement Council
- BarnstableCounty Regional Emergency Planning CommitteeCo-Chair
- Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee (Regional Sheltering Sub Committee) Co-Chair